Monday, March 16, 2009

Cheers.

Now, let's get this straight.

I like the odd drink now and again. The last time I got anywhere near inebriated was about 3 years ago. The last time I completely lost motor function was getting on for 3 decades ago. I am a responsible drinker. Very. If the Chief Medical Officer, Sir Liam Donaldson, gets his way, my occasional treat (and at the moment, being dole scum, it is very occasional) will become quite expensive. Prohibitively so. That, apparently, is the idea. This is just the kind of knee-jerk reaction I imagine will go down very well in some of the leafier and more affluent boroughs of this great nation.

I will bear this in mind next time I go for a walk in one of these affluent and leafy boroughs and tread in a pile of steaming mongrel cack and decide I want to press for a levy on all dog owners (there used to be one - what happened to it?) and see what the so-called "responsible" dog owners think of such a capital idea.

Putting a quid on the price of bottles of industrial strength apple flavoured cleaning fluid bearing the word "white" will not deter anyone, surrounded as we are by the kind of moron who will go to any length for a drink.

2 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger Rol said...

Having been on the wagon now for over 10 years, it wouldn't affect me (except when I have to buy a bottle for the other half). But I agree, it's not going to stop people drinking - or drinking to excess.

Then again, I suppose they have to try and raise money somehow. It's not like they can just print new notes when the bank balance is running lo...

Oh.

Forget I said anything.

8:27 am  
Blogger Richard said...

To be honest, Rol, I never thought of it as being a revenue generator but I wouldn't put anything past this morally corrupt and utterly talentless government.

12:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home