Tuesday, January 20, 2009

On being out on a limb

I have heard talk on the wireless and seen occasional mention in Her Majesty's Press that there is something going on somewhere else in the world today that is of potential global import. I believe it's on the telly but as I don't have a telly I will have to trust the other media. Apparently comedians the whole world over are gathering, AT THIS VERY MOMENT in Washington to mourn the passing of their material.

Also, it may be only be me that is this cynical but could the Isreali Army have possibly withdrawn from Gaza on account of suddenly realising that the most powerful voting lobby in the US might no longer be the Jewish one? Ponder.

3 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger Rog said...

A triumph of hope over experience is called for Richard!

5:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!

Every time I've said Israel are getting in there before Obama does, people they just look at me like they know something clever and more complicated about the situation than I do. It's about as clever as my arse...

12:36 am  
Blogger Richard said...

Murph, my sister had an old Dolomite once. That was a hopeless Triumph and she learnt through experience.

FH, The Law of Parsimony, Occam's Razor all that mullarky. Common sense for the want of a better phrase. Our arses are probably clevererer than most foreign secretaries.

12:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home