Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's that time of year

I would just like to take this opportunity to wish everyone who is either a regular "reader" or who has stumbled drunkenly in by accident and witnessed these pathetic witterings, the best of the season. The season is winter, if you hadn't already noticed.

It has been an unusual year for me. I have experienced some highs and lows but I've also experienced some outstanding, selfless and humbling acts of generosity without which I may not have been typing this now. I am lucky to have such good friends, even if, in some cases, I have never actually met them. Such is the bizarre nature of the world in which we live. However, when you consider one quarter of the global population is about to celebrate the birth of someone they've never met yet profess to derive comfort from "knowing", maybe the modern world and its manners aren't so unusual (Dave, you have my permission to extend that if you start preachifying again). And a word here to friend Young Phil whom I have met a couple of times over the past two years, most recently last week. He has played a blinder, as have the Royal Mail. I will experience a noisy late December.

Happy Easter!

8 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger Rog said...

Yes Happy and possible less exciting New Year, and let's hope that the Alexandra Burke Google Ad dissappears from your sidebar soon - Google doesn't do irony apparently.

10:40 am  
Blogger Richard said...

Nooooh! Filth! It's not on mine. Do the world a favour and click on it and rob Cowell of a few quid. Car's got an MOT on Monday and my needs are greater than his.

11:46 am  
Blogger Phil said...

My pleasure mate. it was nice to meet up on Friday even if the gig was nearly a shambles. What a shame about that place.
Merry Christmas to all and hope for a better New Year....

12:38 pm  
Blogger FeltByRae said...

Wishing you a very happy Christmas Rx

7:44 pm  
Blogger The Birdwatcher said...

All the best for 2009. We BW's are hoping for a better one than 2008 but are like 99.9% of the population probably going to get heavily screwed by the 0.1%. Again. Still I will raise a glass of something on New Years Eve.

6:51 pm  
Blogger tom909 said...

Happy 2009 Richard. I enjoy your ramblings old boy - keep on writing!
PS I mean the 'old' there in an affectionate way, you do understand!

7:29 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

Hope 2009 brings you some joy. Whether I shall at some stage compare my friendship with the imaginary people I meet online with that of the divine, time alone will tell.

11:59 am  
Blogger Richard said...

2009 has got to better than this year. Worst of my life and it's ending with a bang.

5:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home