Monday, June 02, 2008

Teach!

Now that the behemoth that is Friendsreunited has gone totally free, the woodwork is yielding somewhat. People I messaged years ago while I still paid a suscription to the thing before it went ever so over the top commercial, have been replying in their droves. What it is to be so popular!

One of these people has been this gentleman, Chris Daynes. He was one of my art teachers at secondary school and I will say without fear of embarrassing him, that he was a top chap and was probably the single most influential teacher I studied under. It wasn't his teaching that was of particular note, for I can remember very little of it seeping in directly, but his general approach. He let us get on with it encouraging us with a gentle benevolence. I can remember him getting annoyed on one or two occasions but if you were subject to his ire, you'd genuinely earned it. He also used to take us fishing which went down exceedingly well. What I didn't realise at the time was that he was actually a very very fine painter. Please visit his archive (but ignore the spelling).

5 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger Dave said...

Gotcha

4:21 pm  
Blogger Rog said...

Very nice stuff Mr D.!

3:52 pm  
Blogger Zig said...

you were indeed very lucky to have been under his influence! Lovely paintings.

7:04 pm  
Blogger Sharon J said...

Beautiful paintings.

6:35 pm  
Blogger Phil said...

I wasn't allowed to do art, not that I was much good at it, but I liked it- had to do latin instead - bloody grammar school!...

10:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home