Friday, February 22, 2008

Shameless self promotion

For those with an interest in such things, I have begun another blog. The more astute of you may have noticed the title lurking in my profile for a few weeks but I've finally got round to writing something in it.

When I first started messing about on teh internets almost a decade ago I began writing about a certain leisure pursuit, namely the drinking of beer. These articles were generally well received and it was hinted at least three times over the past 5 years or so that I should do more of them. This relentless pressure has finally broken me so here we are.

It must be said right now that while enthusiastic, I am not a very copious drinker of said product. I certainly do not drink to the extent that I carelessly invite the attentions of officers of the law by baring the toilet bits of my body or yelling incoherent instructions at them. My body is not geared up for much more than about 4 pints of the stuff, it never has been. I have tested this several times over the years so have come to the conclusion that I'll always be the loser when it comes to buying rounds. My head certainly is not capable of dealing with excess and as I slide gracefully towards 50, my ability to recover from even a modest evening out is becoming exceedingly dire. In my early 20s I even thought I had an allergy towards beer as I would find myself calling for Bert after consuming just a couple of pints, although this may have had something to do with my local at the time only selling the appalling Whitbread range of mass produced chemical junk including the dreadful Trophy and the just as awful Best (remember this?)

With this firmly in mind my drinking nowadays is confined to leisurely supping or the occasional bottle or two in the evening and I like to appreciate a drink for its taste rather than the speed with which it's going to turn me into an arse.

Anyway, you'll find it here:

Just Another One Then

5 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger Dave said...

I must admit, being tee-total, your other blog is unlikely to appear on my list of favourites. Sorry.

6:45 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

Dave, no need to apologise. I'm not expecting migrations.

7:03 pm  
Blogger Carmenzta said...

"I like to appreciate a drink for its taste rather than the speed with which it's going to turn me into an arse."

What a novel idea! I think I'm going to print out your quote and scotch-tape it to my wall at work. Love it, it's genius. Or is that Guinness?

9:28 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

Be my guest, Carmenzta. As long as I can use that comment as a reference.

11:37 pm  
Blogger Sharon J said...

At last! It was those beer reviews that first drew me to you, y'know :)

Been over to have a butcher's and you're still as good. You should be making money writing those!

2:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home