Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday.

Because I march along rarely breaking step with technology, I have upgraded my mobile telephone. It is much easier to use than my last one, although it has 4 touch sensitive buttons that meant I made 20 calls to the same unfortunate person yesterday before I worked out what I was doing. Still, it has a 3.2 megathingy camera on it. I have been trying it out. It also has a wireless, an mp3 player and a thing for sending emails. Many of these features will probably remain unused.

This is Max.


He belongs to my sister and is now in his mid 20s. He's become remarkably mellow in his dotage. I don't ride but Max and I are very good friends and he likes a cuddle.

I went out for a drive and happened across this. This is a hot air balloon taking off from Church Rd in Kenardington. It's well known locally as "Icom" and belongs to Merlin Balloons for whom my brother-in-law does occasional helping out kind of things, usually involving a free flight. Lucky bugger. As the balloon ascended it was buzzed by another local character flying his restored P51 Mustang. Quite a sight.



This is The Man of Kent in Middle Row, Ashford. When I was younger it had a bit of a reputation. I haven't actually been in it for nearly 20 years.



This is a picture of a man with an even more ridiculous name than my own. I didn't take this picture, I stole it.

4 Vegetable peelings:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max! I love his kind face! Stella is only 2. I wonder what she'll be like in her 20's!

2:22 am  
Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

Congrats on the new tech device.

11:23 pm  
Blogger Basegasket said...

Max is an extremely handsome gentleman. I would love to meet him someday. There is nothing like a cuddle from a horse, except maybe a nuzzle.
Basegasket, friend of JED

11:55 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

Hello and welcome Basegasket, friend of Jed. Jed visits these pages to learn English. He's doing very well and has, to my knowledge, increased his profanity vocabulary by at least one word.

12:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home