Thursday, August 30, 2007

Thump

The other day I bought this. It's absolutely and exceedingly wonderful. The first time for donkeys' I've bought a record I'd looked forward to getting and not been disappointed the first time I played it.

I junked the earlier post I wrote on why I think The White Stripes are excellent. It basically boils down to this: he plays cheap old guitars and sometimes turns them up very loud (just like I used to in my bedroom) and she can't play the drums very well (just like your mate couldn't). The difference between them and us being, of course, talent and charisma. I'm 46 and currently clean out mobile decontamination units to make ends meet. I still have a cheap guitar that I play in my bedroom.

Sad.

2 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger The Aunt said...

I disagree on the talent and charisma. I think they're completely crap.

I'd get your music onto MySpace if I were you. After all, it worked for Lily Allen. You may have to wear Doc Martens with your ball dresses though.

10:58 am  
Blogger Richard said...

Lily Allen is the worst advert for MySpace I could possibly think of. An obnoxious, whiney, soulless, unoriginal and genuinely talentless waste of air. Emperor's New Clothes.

3:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home