Monday, July 23, 2007

Beans

I haven't done one of these for ages but since Dave and myself seem to be the only current readers of these pages, the source material has been a little thin on the ground. I am though indebted to the casual browser from Singapore for nearly causing me to choke on my frozen imitation Tunnocks caramel wafer by revealing that he or she arrived by here through me being the world's second-most authority on

what vegetable used as windscreen

It's a little known fact that I am indeed one of the few people to have made academic study of the suitability of leguminous plants and root vegetables as alternatives to toughened glass in motor vehicles. I secured a £17,000 grant from the GLC's alternative vegetable resource unit in 1982 to carry out the study. I conducted extensive research in Lewisham Market and also managed to secure a decent table every Sunday morning in a local research establishment of note, the Fox and Firkin, on which to read the papers write up my findings. I can honestly say that my research was exhaustive; I chose at least two vegetables per week to to assess and of course, SE13 being a haven of multiculturalism even a quarter of a century ago, there was a healthy supply of exotic flora requiring investigation. I have to say that without a doubt, vegetables proved wholly unsuitable to the task although FSO were vaguely interested in installing quarter lights made from runner beans in the Polonez.



6 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger Dave said...

Haven't Skoda built their latest model entirely out of cake-related products?

6:31 am  
Blogger happyhippychick said...

I read here too y'know... or as I rarely comment do I lurk?

9:38 am  
Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

Honestly, pay attention. He did not mention anything about car windscreens, just using vegetables as a windscreen. Which of us have not, at some time, taken refuge behind a carrot, or sheltered from the arctic blasts behind a courgette?
You should tell him which one is best.

10:21 am  
Blogger Rol said...

I'm still reading you too.

Haven't got a clue what you're on about most of the time, but I am still reading...

2:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rol. Nobody has a clue what Richard's on about. Visit him on planet Plutonio and maybe you'll figure it out.

I once stood behind a tree to get out of the wind. Does that count as a vegetable?

8:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi! I'm still reading. I've just been a bit busy.

4:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home