Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Crash

Let's have some music. One of the best singles from nearly 20 years ago when I looked all young and lovely. I can even remember where I first heard this, sitting in my old blue VW Passat, AOT 243V, in Picardy St, Belvedere after getting off the train. Listen, some things just stick, I'm sorry. The car before that was GGY 601N. GKN485D, that was my Dad's old Wolseley 1100. It's a curse.

Anyway, yes. Tracy Tracy. All girls looked like that in 1988. They did.



C428 BKP. That was the one after the Passat.

10 Vegetable peelings:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some pop-tart called Sandy, winner of one of the plague of recent (no)talent shows, did a version of this over here (Germany).

Suffice to say that it was total rubbish.

7:52 am  
Blogger Richard said...

Matt Busted also, although I do believe that was something to do with the recent Mr Bean film and actually wasn't too bad.

9:50 am  
Blogger Rol said...

Pity their career followed suit.

11:57 am  
Blogger Phil said...

Interesting guitar - ES335 body with a fender-style neck - hmm - I can be sad too!

3:49 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

Rol, some of the best things are transient. They actually released more than you think and still have a bit of a fanclub. If you have a hunt round on YouTube there's a video of them playing live on No 73. They play three numbers, the last one being a version (not a bad one either) of I Wanna Be Your Dog! No 73 was, I believe, a kids' programme, was it not?

Phil, I noticed that too.

6:13 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't recall looking anything like that in 1988. Hmmmm.....

6:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phil : It's a Fender Coronado : Fender's attempt to get in on the ES335 market.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/t/dtoole/FCP.htm

8:07 am  
Blogger Richard said...

Thanks for filling in the gap Steve. Seen them before and the 12 string headstock is very familiar; heard the name before too, never put them together.

8:32 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The lipstick's familiar but I definitely didn't have platinum blonde hair back then. But then I was "mature". As for the music... nah! You can keep that one. Michael Jackson was far more danceable and that's what it was all about in the late 80s!

8:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it. Simple, trashy pop. Can't beat it when you're in the mood. Good memories of when we were younger!

7:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home