Wednesday, May 02, 2007

PC

Uh, hello. My name is Richard. I am a pikey chav scummer. Probably.

Last week, while passing, I nipped in to erm...ALDI for some potatoes and a loaf. It's not unknown for the odd occasional and I remember going to them in Germany when the ex and I used to visit the in-laws several hundred years ago. Their jagdwurst was very nice. Anyway, there was only one checkout working and I baulked when I realised I was way back in the queue with my two items and that the family in front had two barrowloads of stuff. Somebody does their weekly shop in Aldi! LOLs! They were very nice people and insisted I jumped the queue.

Excellent tomato and pepper pasta sauce and a gorgeous seeded batch loaf. And S got readymixed bearnaise sauce which is probably better than anything I could make and almost impossible to get anywhere. And loads of other things. I did manage to stop her buying me a waterproof motorbike over-suit for £14. And you have to bring your own bags, which is very proper and we could use the disabled bay bang in front of the door instead of walking 50 yards like at the big shops. I'm not proud.

Who wants to win the European Cup anyway.

9 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

Sounds quaint!

Especially the way you say it. Dang clever Brits you folks speak English the way it was made!

I am still trying to find a real explanation of what a "tosser" is and if I am one.

9:52 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

ALDI quaint!

Jed, it's difficult to call. You may, on one level, be a tosser. I've never met a man who isn't and I don't really need to know or care whether you are or not. But from what I know of you through these pages, I can't see it being applied to you in its pejorative sense. Is that any clearer?

10:53 pm  
Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

Please keep us informed about the merits of shops that you visit. It is important that we know these things.

6:18 am  
Blogger Richard said...

I see it as a public service.

This morning I have been to PET Tool Hire in Earle Street. Not to hire a dog but to get something to clean up after one. They too are very nice people.

10:11 am  
Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

Dogs are nice people? Whatever next!

10:40 am  
Blogger Rol said...

Just stay out of Netto.

11:37 am  
Blogger Richard said...

Vicus, there was only one dog.

Rol I don't believe we have one. But there's a Lidl in Middlewich that might be worth a punt.

3:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Christ! Not Lidl! Pleeeeease!!! Ray (C's b-i-l) tried to use their cat food as fish bait and it wasn't even good enough for that! Not that I'm suggesting you buy cat food, of course. Not unless the dogs start displaying some very strange behaviour patterns, at least.

11:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The (Aldi) hollandaise sauce is pretty good too.

Put that on top of freshly-cooked asparagus, with a little bit of Schwarzwald Schinken wrapped round it. (That's a form of bacon popular in Germany - very thin, not over-cooked)

1:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home