Monday, November 06, 2006

Bitch

The most farcical aspect of the story concerning the suspension of the idiotic Tory councillor for forwarding a racist e-mail is not that she and her husband did it in the first place, it's the litany of ridiculous excuses she came out with afterwards that she expected everyone to believe. Here's a few:

"The Lib Dems have wanted to make a mountain out of"
(Of course, being a whiter than white Tory, you never would have done, eh?. Don't deny your political instincts for underhand behaviour, you're a politician, being a totla cnut comes naturally)

"I didn't actually forward it on myself"
(No, you just signed it, your husband sent it on. I didn't drop those bombs, it was him!)

"An email was innocently sent to me, my husband has equally innocently sent it on and accidentally selected it to somebody else"
(Oh dear, oh dear. If it was innocent, it wouldn't have been an accident, would it. It's racist, it's illegal. You're a councillor, you should know this. Would you care to give me your definition of innocence?)

"There was nothing malicious, nothing nastily intended"
(What's the fuss about then?)

"Likewise I've had many things said [to me] in the past like anybody else that they have found offensive and we have had to deal with it" (sic)
(What, you've been accused of breeding like rabbits and coming to this country solely in order to claim benefits? That's OK then, you know all about racist bigotry).

The dissemination of racist literature is illegal and there is no argument that can justify it and certainly not the one that says it was well meant and that "they" ought to have a sense of humour. More than anything it highlights the blinding arrogance of politicians.

This bit's true. I have also received this email recently, twice, from separate people. The last line says in block capitals "Send this to every British taxpayer you know". I did. Straight back to the two British taxpayers who employed the senders of those emails. Amusingly, they had actually been fuckwitted enough to send them from their workplace using their work email addresses. I just reckoned that their IT people would have found the errant mails sooner or later, so I saved them the bother. Both idiots lost their jobs. I was greatly amused.

12 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger Dave said...

Listening to her on Radio 4 last night she sounded a complete idiot. Glad she doesn't represent me.

8:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As Richard said, we've received this poem ourselves and, believe me, there was nothing in it that could be described as "well meant". I was shocked and utterly disgusted by the message and told the sender so. This country already has enough problems due to rascism without this kind of "well meaning" scrawl adding extra fuel to an already overheated fire!

I sincerely hope she isn't reinstated.

10:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The willingness to blame her husband was astounding! Good old Tory family values, eh?

10:45 am  
Blogger Mark Gamon said...

Just cos you're a councillor, doesn't make you clever...

1:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right there, Mark but I would credit the average councillor with a modicum of common sense. Most people have got a skeleton rattling away in their cupboard for those bad karma moments, there's no need to go out and buy one just in case you haven't.

2:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just seen video clip from bbc.Comes across as an idiot probably showing her true colours.

10:30 pm  
Blogger Carmenzta said...

Over here in Amorica we have our own troubles and excuse-making idiots in control of our government. For example: Foley. JC, as soon as the harassed page spoke up, Foley developed a memory of a priest fondling HIM when he was a teen... Hello, is this an excuse for your actions, Foley? Sigh. He should have faced the problem and just admitted it, apologized and honestly promised to stop the inappropriate behavior. No Fricking Excuses.

10:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The one that always gets me is that they call themselves Christians. I'm sure that's a huge solace to the boy concerned.

12:40 am  
Blogger krusty the baker said...

He can learn from their Christian example and forgive them. Yeah. I love it when Christian fundamentalists start telling me what's right and wrong. They never quote Jesus Christ. It's always St.Paul and the Old Testament. Hilarious. No scope for love.

9:15 pm  
Blogger lee said...

I am incredibly curious as to what the email contained, now! :).

12:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lee, you probably don't want to know but if you email me off list I will send you a copy of the one we received and which we presume to be the same.

Krusty, unless it's the kind of love that demands forgiveness. Seems to me a lot of practising devotees aren't that scared of eternal damnation after all. Just wish they could all agree on the same thing once in a while.

2:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is the same, Richard. I read an extract from the poem that had been sent from her computer and it was the same as the one we received.

3:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home