Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Snail



This is Bobby. According to my nephew, Luke it's actually Bobby 643 and he appeared two nights ago. The boys mark snails with Tippex or paint or something equally noxious and wait to see where they turn up. I have heard that you can chuck snails into your neighbour's garden and they'll home, just like pigeons but not quite as fast. Might be worth an experiment although the chances of spotting him in 3.5 acres is a bit hit and miss.

You may also be interested to know that a few nights ago I spotted another snail apparently eating a dead cranefly. I honestly had no idea they were carnivores so do please be aware while dawdling around the garden in case of ambush, especially when it's been raining.

2 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger lee said...

I enjoy crushing marauding(is that a word?) snails, but then at times feel sad if I accidentally crush one while walking in the yard at night - in a word - nuts :).

4:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's strange how once a snail has been marked and named, he's no longer just a snail. He can't be crushed, salted or disposed of in any other way - he's just allowed to sail through life, munching away at the hostas and... no damn it! Not in my garden he isn't!

8:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home