Monday, August 21, 2006

How the Internet works

I'm amazed I'm the first to have found this. Reading Vicus' comments this morning I was drawn to the link Raincoaster posted. Having read that, I was further intrigued by a story from the same site regarding lower HIV infection rates in chaps who've been circumcised. I had hoped to find what had been lacking in all other news stories on this subject I'd heard or seen over the past week or so, and that was a reason why this should be so. My question was indeed answered but imagine my unbounded delight when I saw that there are trials regarding the circumcision theory being undertaken in Uganda no less (readers of Private Eye will get this straight away) and also that the World Health Organisation's HIV-AIDS department director overseeing this programme rejoices in the name of Dr. Devin de Cock.

6 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

Shall I send my perverts over here for this thread, or shall we trust them to find their own way?

9:16 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

I'm disappointed they haven't got here already as it's been around since several hours ago now. Quite happy for any kind of publicity.

9:28 pm  
Blogger Sharon J said...

Why would anybody rejoice in a name like that, Dick?

11:14 am  
Blogger Sharon J said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:30 am  
Blogger The Aunt said...

If he's Dutch, his ancestors took the name deliberately to take the mick out of Napoleon when he insisted they all have surnames. You still find a lot of Dutchmen proudly going round with names like De Cock or De Stront.

Good for them.

4:13 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

Aunty M, I had to search the Alternative Dictionaries site. My name's bad enough yet it's not deliberate. Hey, those crazy Dutch, yes?

4:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home