Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Going Global - reprise

I have done it. A day later than planned but I have recorded the interview for transmission tomorrow morning at 9.15 on Cork's RedFM. It will also be broadcast on their Best Of on Saturday morning and on the "Green on Red" show on Sunday after 7pm. Just in case you missed it the first time.

I am also now the proud owner of a spangly new MP3 file - 5.72mb's worth of nasal stuttering that will be uploaded somewhere on my website later on when Sharon can do it for me (just in case you miss the replays). Anything involving the black arts of FTP and other witchcraft with which I'm unfamiliar is best left to her. One day I'll crack it but it suffices to say for the moment that I started an OU foundation course on IT two years ago and left after 6 months (and because I never got around to withdrawing, I actually failed. Now there's a thing).

I didn't swear once and only managed one sentence that was so long I'd forgotten what I was originally talking about by the time I attempted to finish it (with "I think you'd better edit that bit because I don't know what I'm on about."). Well, they did say treat it like you were down the pub with your mates.

All good fun.

Reprise Coda and a PS:
Here it is in super clear audio streaming quality.

12 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger Dave said...

But did you manage to mention you are in a cricket team?

6:32 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

Sorry skip, I'll be honest with you and say that yes, I did but they cut the interview short at that point saying that there needn't be any gratuitous reminders of England's colonial legacy, however tenuous. Editors;pah!

7:06 pm  
Blogger Geoff said...

Is it as nasal as Rory Bremner?

7:28 pm  
Blogger Sharon J said...

Are you accusing me of witchcraft? Does that mean I'm a witch? Oh well, I suppose better to be called something that begins with a W than something similar beginning with a B.

8:37 pm  
Blogger krusty the baker said...

Most excellent, you got the message across, and it sounded like the locals are ready to listen - only the authorities to persuade, good stuff.

9:37 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

I wish I'd had a quick loosener before I'd done it though, couldn't stop stuttering. Amazingly, only the one sentence was cut, the rest was purely off the cuff. Even though I'd prepared some possible answers, the buggers didn't ask the right questions, hence my hurried interjection at the end about the viral thing.

9:43 pm  
Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

Well done Richard! You did not sound at all stuttering, just very English. Good luck with the Rory name change!

11:59 pm  
Blogger Judith said...

Hullo Richard, thanks for visiting Not Dead Yet! I've just done a quick whip round some of your blogs - you're certainly a busy man. You make it hard to find your profile though, had to do a bit of tracking! I listened to your interview. Did a TV interview myself recently. Same experience as you: "... the buggers didn't ask the right questions..."

7:06 am  
Blogger Betty said...

Have just had a look at Judith's profile.

She rocks.

7:38 am  
Blogger Richard said...

Judith rocks big time. Anyone prepared to have their picture taken reviewing their breakfast is fine in my book. She likes Jake Thackray, everyone and that's extra rocking points (to anyone over 40).

I do hope Judith is not offended by the playground offerings and spleen venting of some of my friends.

9:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep getting a plug in error message so can't hear your broadcast.Will try and catch it again on the radio station.Pleased that it appears to have gone well.

1:13 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

As far as I know it's an MP3 file so if you've got iTunes or any similar media player it should work OK. What have you got, Andy?

1:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home