Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Going ethnic

I've been listening to Tuvan throat singing. I'd suggested a web friend listened to it because he was complaining his guitar soloing was getting stale and was wanting re-invigorating. Personally I think he rocks out quite neatly even if he is an American, a condition for which he's apologised. Maybe I got that bit wrong. You can hear him and his "buddies" here. Tuvan throat singing, on the other hand, sounds like that noise your Dad makes when he can't resist impersonating a sheep. OK, the noise my Dad, at 73, still makes when he sees a sheep. My parents live next door to a smallholding on which there are several dozen of the noisy ungulates, so this talent can sometimes seem a trifle overworked. This, incidentally, is Tuvan throat singing. Yes, I agree it does sound very much like Bob Dylan.

1 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger Sharon J said...

Next time I see your dad, I'll have to ask him to do his sheep singing... or whatever.

3:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home